Saturday, May 17, 2014

Believe in your dreams...


 A new, deep respect has developed in me for "fundraising" this year. A new respect for those who have "dreams" that are too big for them to float on their own and enter the "World of Fundraising". Your dream has to be important enough to even come to that place. And it's humbling. Getting people to "believe" in what you're doing and rallying people to come to your cause is hard and emotionally draining. But when you believe in your dreams...you do what you have to do.


When you believe in your dreams...

Honestly, it was the dreams that made me believe in what we're doing. Two particular dreams.

Both were about Levi.

Both, he spoke.

Both, he said, "Mommy, I love you.". 

I've heard his voice in my dreams.


 Both times, it was so real, and so vivid, it was as if I could really feel him hugging me and feel his warm breath on my face. As I woke up, I had that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, because I wanted it to be reality. Desperately.


 I feel so certain that God gave those dreams to me as a gift.A gift that is the driving force behind doing whatever we need to do to give him the tools. I know deep down that those dreams were *meant* to motivate me and to help me BELIEVE that Levi will talk.


 Levi is such a precious little guy. He melts me right down to the floor when he crawls up into my lap and wraps his arms around my neck. He gets the sweetest little flat "sheepish" smile across his face that would most assuringly put a bright spot in anyone's day. When you celebrate his accomplishments, like wiping his mouth with a napkin at the dinner table, he is so pleased. Yes, he is precious indeed!


 I know we have said a million times, how we are forever thankful to all of you who have walked through this with our family. You have prayed, you have given, you have supported us with encouraging words. Many of you helped get us through our crisis with LindyAnn and prayed relentlessly for her when we didn't know if she was going to be able to pull through. But she did. I believe Levi can pull through this too! I cannot express to you how my heart feels, that we have had so many who have been willing to walk so much of our journey with us. Those of you who are family, those of you who we have only met once or twice, and many of you, we have never met at all... We have grown to love all of you so much. You have become like family to us. 


 Thank you for believing with us.

 Thank you for believing in Levi.

 Thank you for loving our family and leaving an imprint in our hearts!


<3 Levi's Mommy, Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment